Thursday, March 3, 2011

House shoes and hand prints! - Sweet Pea the Donkey!

So there I was. In the grocery store. Trying to buy enough groceries to last a week.
On a small amount of money. Maybe the only good thing I actually liked about Texas was that we were so close to Mexico! Which made our food way, way cheap   inexpensive -> I hear my cousin saying " We don't say cheap Sister! We say Inexpensive! Gotta learn from her classy ways!
   ANY WHO!
So there I am, talking to my mom on the phone, drinking coffee, shopping and adding up the cost of everything in my basket on a piece of paper. This guy looks at me. Like he gives me that look. The You crazy as hell ! look.  So I smile and take a  sip of coffee and just keep going. Don't judge me!
  As I make my way closer to the meat department I hear these screaming little boys.  Yelling things like " I'm gunna blow you up! " and " You look like a crooked alien!" So, I'm thinking ... Aww how cute. Little boys playing loudly together in the super market!...  Well I kept thinking that until I actually SAW them and realized that they weren't actually talking to each other they were talking to their MOM! They were running around her in circles, yelling, hitting her and telling he she looked like a crooked alien! All the while she was trying to buy some ground chuck!
  Immediately I am coming up with a diagnosis for these boys. ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder ... so on and so forth. Then I snap out of it and decide they just need leashes and a large portion of discipline!
  SO then the funny part happens. I get to the check out line and the cashier and the bagging lady are talking about the little boys:
 " You see then? oooo Lordy.  They was mean!" She rings up my eggs.
" If I was they mama I'da put them right... oooooo!!" She bags the eggs.
" Yeah, you preachin to the choir honey. 'Member them good ole days when you was actin up yo mama
done come after yo ass with a house shoe?" 
  Every one is laughing. She puts in all my cupons.
" Oh my Lord. And youda had a hand print 'cross yo face for a week.... " She works her magic on the register, getting me 8 dollars and 59 cents off my grocery bill.
" But you knew how to act now didncha? "
So we all agree and laugh. And " Thank you for shopping at Giant Eagle have a great day!"
   So I don't know if I will use the house shoe method of discipline when I have kids in 25 years but I sure hope my kids don't run around the market yelling at each other or calling me a crooked alien!

    NEWS: I got a job yesterday! OH PRAISE HIM!  Hello Pre-School world! Thanks for the prayers!

Oh and please enjoy a few pictures from our Christmas photo shoot with Sweet Pea the world's cutest donkey!




3 comments:

  1. Morgan, I'm literally laughing out loud. I'm definitely coming after my kids' asses with a shoe. fo sho. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your little adventures. Haha. cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. congratulations on the job! :)

    ReplyDelete