Monday, June 27, 2011

Bike Nerd adventure to the market...

  So there I was. Picture it with me if you will. 

Big booty, big booty. 
Bike seat.
Helmet.
Back pack. 
Cars passing me every three seconds. 
ME, pedaling
s.l.o.w.l.y. 
Pedaling up a gradually inclining road that would take me back home- where the water was. water. water. water. That's what I kept telling myself. Also hoping that no one would yell at me from the window of their car. Phrases like " HAHA BIKE NERD!" or " CAN YOU GO ANY SLOWER HELMET HEAD?" Ok. So it is most likely not probable that people would yell at me. It is way more probable that they would run me over.  Are you reading this Grandmom? Because I am really safe and careful ! But you should see these crazy people! 
  Any ways. Photo's from the journey... here they are

 These from a lovely farm stand inside the Pittsburgh Public Market.... beautifuls....
So then there was the Pitsburgh Marshmallow Factory, please visit them <here>
delightful and lemony! I tried them.. DELISH! I actually bought a turtle one... but it was totally devoured before I could snap a pic!

The Marshmallow people were also SUPER nice and really friendly- basically if you live in the Burgh, you should be buying their marshmallows!
Then my journeys took me about half a mile down the street to  this tiny hole in the wall donut shop! My friend Lilly calls them little works of art and they are! I did not partake in any of these delightful art bites, but I did try a Raspberry Lemonade donut last time I was in the Strip and it was GOOD.


My Inner Hippie was basically saying. Hells yeah! 
Oh did I mention that the ride there was all the way down hill basically? And the ride back was all the way up hill? I MUST say that the trip was worth it. I rode 10 miles, which made me feel like a major rock star. And then I called my mom to tell her and she was like " Oh yeah! Isn't it great! I ride ten miles every morning and then I walk two miles after that...." And then she works all day! Shout out to my awesome mom! You are inspirational! 
  <3 chau lovahs!


1 comment:

  1. oh, girl, my inner hippie is always telling me to eat more donuts ;)

    ReplyDelete