Friday, May 27, 2011

Dirt.poop.love.

SO, here we are!
    Rewind to two weekends ago!
We hopped in the car about 3 in the PM after we got the oil changed in the car. And I wanted to kick that oil changer man in the face when he said " you haven't done this much have you ?" because I drove my car up to the garage instead of parking it in a parking spot. WELL MISTER! Greasy hands!  This is how I'm used to doing it ok?!?! but I didn't really say that because he was already treating me like a small carrot in a sea of green minted peas so I told him " Hmm, interesting that you say that. I'll be outside sitting in the sun to get my vitamin D for the say. Please summon me when my car is ready, and oh! Be careful with her. She hasn't done this very much....CIAO!".
  Well then my husband came and gave them the LOOK. Which just meant, is the car done yet because its been about 2 hours since you guys took it back there and we have to drive 6 hours to Tennessee tonight and now we will have to drive in the dark so hurry up guys.
   So we travelled south. To the glory land. And it really is. The people got sweeter the further we went and then sweet tea started appearing on billboards. Then we saw signs for Bojangles. Steve Nelson = Bojangles ='s LOVE.
We spent the night with the some friends in Tennessee which was great! Then we headed to Hannah Hefner's house and visited with her and her fabulous husband Jordan! They fed us Cross Roads ( if you are near Alexander County, NC you shoudld do everything you can to get there!) which has the BEST cheeseburgers in the world. Like. for . real. I'm not joking. The best. Ever. World.
  Then we headed down to the river to have a fire and smores and great times just sitting in the woods. Probably the best time I've had in.. eons. Hannah is a great host and wonderful and beautiful! It's soooo good to see friends from college! Especially good friends who know you and love you!
The next day we were off to a great wedding! Sniff sniff, tears. My little baby bird got married!
   Then the next day we travelled over to Montreat where we went to all our old favorite places! We stayed with good friends who have an amazing house and got to see many dear friends!
 We hit up all our favorite food spots, visited with my parents and then headed back home!
GOOD TRIP!
  So now. Dirt. Poop. Love.
Dirt: we  are planting our garden this week/weekend! Its outside our windows! So I guess its urban. But its exciting! I actually planted two plants yesterday! A Basil and an onion that has been growing in our kitchen.. haha!
Poop: this is my job. Which is good and fun. but I got poop on my hand today. And a kid told me to f-off. Accept.. you know. he actually SAID IT!
Love: mm. Life! Love! Learning to love city life and enjoy these days God brings to me here in Pittsburgh. It's good. And these clouds around me are slowly parting!
  
SO! PS! If you pray! Please pray for my brother and my grandmom! Grandmom was just in the hospital for a mild stroke! She came out just fine and dandy full of sassyness, just like she always is! But now she is at a high risk for another stroke. = BAD.
And for dearest Brother, he is facing some tough times right now and could use every prayer you have to give!
Thanks lovers!
xoxo and butterflies to all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mo, I love your narration. I'm glad you got to see Hannah, how exciting! When Jeremy and I were in Black Mountain a few weeks ago for a few days, it was so hard to fit all the things we wanted to do in! But we're moving back in September so we'll have to make up for it. But totally thought we'd have more time than we did! Glad you're doing well, and planting a garden (I'm jealous!). I'll keep your prayer requests in mind. Love to you!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how i love you and want that weekend back! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete