Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WOOOHOOOOOoo oooooo oooo!!!!

So... HERE I AM!!! Can you say : no internet?
Can you also say: creative outlet withdrawls?
 So here it is let me go on an break it down with a little preview of the re-mix->
 * went to Florida ! Sunshine, warm, family, good for my soul!
Got sunburn, ate good food and laughed alot.
But of course, there is always a bitter sweet side to these occasions- translation I HAD TO GET ON A FREAKING PLANE! I will use some adjectives here so you can understand : scarry, smoky, side ways plane, emergency landing, hazy cabin, woman sitting next to me hyperventilating, the guy from Boston saying " Aeee there goes the fuel.. right into the bay... oh Geeze!".
Don't worry the flight was canceled and I burned off all the calories I consumed that weekend by running down the hallway. past the bathroom, past the starbucks, past the security check point, into the shuttle, down three escalators to the U.S. Airways ticket counter. And I said to Yolanda " My flight was canceled. I have to get to Pittsburgh TONIGHT. Find a way to get me there Yolanda". She smacked her gum at me. Hit three keys on her keyboard and said " No flights till Monday ho-ney". Well, Yolanda had perfectly waxed eye brows, lip liner and her name was spelled out in her hoop earrings. So I pulled the PR card.
You bet. I put my hands on my hip. I stomped my foot. and I smacked MY GUM. I raised MY perfectly 
(newly) waxed eyebrows at her and I said - nothings. She got the idea. She looked again.
So then I ask her where she is from and how great her brows are and she finds me a flight for later that night.
Never doubt the power of the Puerto Rican. Ok- thats a little exaggerated and probably untrue. But I'm seeing a trend here ok?
   SO, I made it home.
We had a grand Easter at some friends house!
We have had a few sunny days here and there with mostly RAIN. So I am extra thankful for the sunny days.
And we are getting along.
Here is the thing, great things take time. Life is really hard and we are really broken.
So I am going to be honest about it - so don't freak out.
I think if we all stop pretending and we are just honest about what's hard and how we feel on the bad days and the good days we will be able to encourage each other a lot more.
  Soon the husband and I will be making our way to the beloved country for a few weddings and some graduations! Get ready NC the Nelson's are comin to town!
 Holler atcho Gurl peeps!
  Peace and blessings and XO! to all!
Enjoy the sunshine where you are and dig out the spunky-ness with in!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, can you channel me some of your PR attitude the next time I need it?! Love it. Glad you made it back safely. :)

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you my dearest friend. good words. love the way you write. miss the PR inside (and out).

    love you so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it girl. enjoy 'the country'.

    ReplyDelete